SA-MP 0.3x RC
A new version of SA-MP (0.3x) is on its way. We're making an RC/beta available to server scripters so you can preview the new features before release. If you've been following SA-MP releases for a while, you'll know that the (x) version means this will likely be the final release in the current (0.3) branch.
Optional Client update SA-MP 0.3x RC1-2
- On certain video cards, vehicle model previews were being drawn with fog.
- Streaming memory was not always being freed when viewing player skin model previews.
A new 'TextDraw' font ID has been added that allows you to create 2D previews of models in the game. Servers can specify the rotation and zoom of a preview.
TextDrawFont(playerid, txtSprite, TEXT_DRAW_FONT_MODEL_PREVIEW);
native TextDrawSetPreviewModel(Text:text, modelindex);
native TextDrawSetPreviewRot(Text:text, Float:fRotX, Float:fRotY, Float:fRotZ, Float:fZoom = 1.0);
Some examples of selection menus that could be created with model previews:
Example scripts for the above are included with the Windows server.
Extended draw distance for objects:
You can now set the draw distance on objects to any distance. This will allow for more seamless object streaming in custom areas.
Credit to Deadspirrit for the above island.
Note: The above feature is still experimental. If you have problems with certain objects using a large draw distance, it's recommended you lower the draw distance of the effected objects.
0.3x contains some important netcode changes, including general security updates that address potential Denial of Service attacks against servers.
- A low-level netcode problem has been addressed that will lower the number of packets that need to be sent from the client and server.
- The potential for a player to send a 0-length command has been addressed.
- Limitations have been placed on the player's ability to query server information like the scoreboard data.
- %x in format() will no longer interpret large integers as being signed.
SA-MP 0.3x RC1-2 Client Installer
SA-MP 0.3x RC1 Client Installer
SA-MP 0.3x RC1 Windows Server
SA-MP 0.3x RC1 Linux Server